Wizebank has built the industry’s first “Learn Now, Pay Later” solution specifically designed to help world-class course creators, educators, and coaches sell more effectively. We’re trusted by our partners to drive meaningful improvements in their business, and we work tirelessly to do just that.
Founded in 2021, Wizebank has gone from pre-product to helping our partners generate millions in monthly sales across tens of thousands of customers in a matter of months. We're backed by Rhino Ventures, Panache Ventures, and industry leaders like Greg Smith (CEO, Thinkific), Tim Vipond (Founder, Corporate Finance Institute), Andrew Wilkinson (Co-Founder, Tiny), and Pat Flynn (Founder, Smart Passive Income).
Role Overview 🚀
Wizebank is looking for a talented front-end developer to help us build best-in-class software and financial tools that help online education businesses better manage and grow their education empires. As one of our early engineering hires, you will have the opportunity to take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects and play a critical role in shaping our future products and processes.
What you’ll do?
- You’ll work with a small engineering team to build mission-critical tools for course creators.
- As one of our early engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to build entirely new products from scratch and make important technical decisions.
- You’ll help build the foundation for Wizebank’s engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
About You 🎯
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity of an early-stage company. This includes being able to transform product sketches into working technology as well as working in an environment with a fast-paced delivery schedule.
- Interested in our core domain - helping solopreneurs succeed by building valuable financial and software tools.
- You understand the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- You have a positive attitude, with high integrity and low ego.
Technical Skills ⚒
We’re looking for someone with experience with many, if not all, of:
- 3+ years of professional software experience building front-end web applications
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks, such as: Vue, Angular, React
- Experience with HTML and CSS/SASS
- Experience with front-end testing, using frameworks, such as: Jest, Mocha, or Chai
- Experience working with CSS style and component libraries
- Experience building design systems, and componentization
On the front-end we use Vue (migrating from 2 to 3), HTML and SASS; leveraging Tailwind CSS and our in-house built component library (Tasty Bistro) to create a consistent style system that serves four different micro-frontends scoped by business stakeholders.
Nice to haves are Vue 3 experience, building design systems, and working with Tailwind CSS.
Traits we value:
- A knack for writing clear and maintainable code.
- Considers the pull between readability and playing code golf.
- Thinks about systems with clear folder structures and scoping in mind, and cares about leaving the code they touch in a better place for their team.
- Cares about the product, the final user experience, and brings this mentality across the stack.
- Problem solvers and thinkers who speak up about purpose and value of features and decisions; engaging in questions and discussions, pushing themselves and those around them for the best outcomes for all.
Why Wizebank? 📈
- Recent Financing: We just closed a large financing and are looking to expand our team to deliver best-in-class software and financial products.
- Strong Traction: We are experiencing rapid growth and your work will directly impact thousands of businesses around the world.
- Impact: You will get to shape the culture of Wizebank. “The early team you build is the company you build.” Your impact will be immediate and lasting.
- Competitive Compensation: we reward great work and want to attract the best talent.