Role Overview 🚀
Wizebank is looking for a talented full-stack developer to help us build best-in-class software and financial tools that help online course creators better manage and grow their education empires. As one of our early engineering hires, you will have the opportunity to take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack and play a critical role in shaping our future products, processes and infrastructure.
What you’ll do?
- You’ll work with a small engineering team to build mission-critical tools for course creators.
- As one of our early engineers, you’ll have the opportunity to build entirely new products from scratch and make important technical decisions.
- You’ll be responsible for planning, organizing and executing entire projects end to end, from idea to launch.
- You’ll help build the foundation for Wizebank’s engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
About You 🎯
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity of an early-stage company. This includes being able to transform product sketches into working technology as well as working in an environment with a fast-paced delivery schedule.
- Interested in our core domain - helping solopreneurs succeed by building valuable financial and software tools.
- You understand the importance of both speed and quality, and the trade-offs of choosing one over the other.
- You have a positive attitude, with high integrity and low ego.
Technical Skills ⚒
We’re looking for someone with experience with many, if not all, of:
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field.
- 3+ years of professional software experience building full-stack web applications with technologies like (but not limited to) TypeScript, Vue and Node
- Experience with services such as: Heroku, Digital Ocean, and AWS
- Experience with testing frameworks such as: Jest, Mocha, or Chai
- Experience with REST API Design
- Experience with relational databases and comfortable writing raw SQL. We use PostgresSQL.
- Have a knack for writing clean and maintainable code. Clear folder structures and scoping. Composition over inheritance. Functional programming over OOP.
Why Now? 📈
- Recent Financing: we just closed our Seed round and are looking to expand our team to deliver best-in-class financial products to course creators at scale. We’re backed by Rhino Ventures (early investors in Canadian standouts like Thinkific and Article) and industry leaders like Greg Smith (Co-founder & CEO of Thinkific) and Tim Vipond (founder & CEO of Corporate Finance Institute).
- Impact: You will get to shape the culture of Wizebank. “The early team you build is the company you build.” Your impact will be immediate and lasting.
- Competitive Salary: we reward great work and want to attract the best talent.